Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Genius of Photography ep1 pt4

When I first saw that iron clamp thing I figured it was to keep your head still, but I still had doubts, that's crazy that it is though. It makes sense though cause those cameras have long shutter speeds so it is crucial to keep still otherwise the picture would turn out blurry.

I like how they started shooting through the old camera too and the guy is upside down and there is a slight vingette.


I like how "Nadar" took pictures of artists "authentically" without columns, without dressing them up, just plain and simple portraits. How he portrays what profession the artist is by pure personality that conveys themselves.

"You see the world as fragments, not as perfect wholes". To me photography is like an extension of your eye, you can't see the whole world at once, you see bits and pieces and any given time. Depending on the way you turn your head alters what is and is not in your line of vision anymore, much like a viewfinder of a camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment