Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Sir Ken Robinson: Do schools kill creativity?

"Children are not afraid to be wrong", now that I have heard this I can agree and how he says we aree educating people out og their creativity. The only time I have seen a child afraid to be wrong is in school.

I agree with him on the whole we have to change the way kids learn. Why is it that every child is expected to learn in the exact same fashion. Several teachers even go through this on the first day with their class, they hand you a survey that tells you whether you learn through sound, or through vision, or through kinesthetics. If it is proven that people learn better in different ways then why is everyone expected to learn the same? and excel in the same areas like math, english, or sciences?

1 comment:

  1. I have never been able to figure out why we expect kids to learn and become experts in seven subjects at a time. Did you like the part about the little girl's drawing of God?

    ReplyDelete